Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was absent from the team’s final drives after being pulled from the game because of his latest injury. Cutler was returning from a groin injury, so when he appeared to be hobbled many people believed he had just aggravated the injury.
As it turns out, Cutler rolled his ankle earlier in the game and it continued to get worse as the game continued.
He underwent x-rays on the injured ankle, but they came back negative.
Chicago still had an opportunity to tie the game up late with a successful two-point conversion, but Josh McCown sailed the ball out of the endzone on the first attempt and Detroit Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley ate up the second attempt, which followed a Lions penalty.
The Bears ultimately lost the game, 21-19.
- Ravens K Justin Tucker kicks game winning FG, does Terio (GIF)
- Bengals run horrendous fourth down play in overtime (GIF)
- A.J. Green catches deflected hail mary pass for touchdown to tie game (GIF)
- Nick Fairley swallows up Bears two-point conversion attempt (GIF)
- Little kid in Seahawks jersey dancing while his team takes care of the Falcons (GIF)
- Tavon Austin scores another long touchdown (GIF)
- Golden Tate with incredible one-handed touchdown catch (GIF)
- Eagles Brandon Boykin intercepts Scott Tolzien and returns it 76 yards (GIF)