The Chicago Bears were expecting to be without quarterback Jay Cutler for at least a month, likely longer after the signal caller suffered a nasty groin injury against the Washington Redskins in Week 7. But just a few short weeks later, Cutler is back and it looks like he hasn’t missed a step.
Cutler lead the Bears down the field as if they were playing a game of old school football in the backyard, picking on the Detroit Lions secondary en route to a 32-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Marshall.
Facing a first and ten from the 32-yard line, Cutler dropped back, facing no pressure from the Lions’ front seven. That allowed Marshall to streak down field in one-on-one coverage before he crossed the field on a seam route, allowing Cutler to throw a strike right into his chest.
Not sure exactly what the Lions were doing in the secondary, but you can see a few players completely out of place, giving Cutler and Marshall plenty of operating room.
The touchdown gave the Bears a 7-0 lead.
Sunday’s top GIFS:
- Tavon Austin scores another long touchdown (GIF)
- Golden Tate with incredible one-handed touchdown catch (GIF)
- Eagles Brandon Boykin intercepts Scott Tolzien and returns it 76 yards (GIF)
- Tavon Austin breaks off 98-yard punt return for TD (GIF)
- Eagles RB LeSean McCoy with video game juke (GIF)
- Datone Jones sacks Nick Foles; freaks out (GIF)
- Packers QB Seneca Wallace injured against Eagles (GIF)
- DeSean Jackson bails out Nick Foles for 55-yard TD (GIF)
- Clay Matthews playing with club on injured hand (Photo)
- Marshawn Lynch going beast mode already (GIF)