After learning that starting quarterback Aaron Rodgers would miss at least a month and a half with a broken left collarbone, the Green Bay Packers decided that they would roll with back up quarterback Seneca Wallace as the first-team quarterback, but they still needed someone to emerge as the new No. 2.
For that, the team elevated Scott Tolzien from the practice squad.
Now, he will be their new starter.
From ESPN’s Adam Schefter:
Packers coach Mike McCarthy said QB Scott Tolzien will start next Sunday against the Giants.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 10, 2013
Wallace went down early against the Philadelphia Eagles, which led to Tolzien entering the game.
Tolzien did an admirable job against the Eagles defense, which isn’t the most impressive unit, but it was enough to earn him the job moving forward. The Packers can’t get Aaron Rodgers back soon enough.
- Bengals run horrendous fourth down play in overtime (GIF)
- A.J. Green catches deflected hail mary pass for touchdown to tie game (GIF)
- Nick Fairley swallows up Bears two-point conversion attempt (GIF)
- Little kid in Seahawks jersey dancing while his team takes care of the Falcons (GIF)
- Tavon Austin scores another long touchdown (GIF)
- Golden Tate with incredible one-handed touchdown catch (GIF)
- Eagles Brandon Boykin intercepts Scott Tolzien and returns it 76 yards (GIF)
- Tavon Austin breaks off 98-yard punt return for TD (GIF)
- Eagles RB LeSean McCoy with video game juke (GIF)
- Datone Jones sacks Nick Foles; freaks out (GIF)
- Packers QB Seneca Wallace injured against Eagles (GIF)