Many felt the Indianapolis Colts’ defense would have a great day against the struggling St. Louis Rams, but it was the Rams who decided to have some early defensive success.
After the Indianapolis Colts had secured themselves a handful of yards after returning the opening kickoff, quarterback Andrew Luck dropped back for a pass though was greeted by a bullrush of Rams heading towards him.
The Colts’ offensive line collapsed, giving Luck little time to get off a throw as Robert Quinn came around the corner and stripped the former Stanford quarterback.
Luck, who was blistered on the play, couldn’t recover as the ball bounced around between a few Colts and Rams before Chris Long picked up the bouncing pigskin. Long began to motor down the field and didn’t get much in resistance from the Colts who couldn’t keep up with the athletic defensive end. That allowed the former second overall pick a free lane to the endzone, which he took with much glee.
The defensive touchdown gave St. Louis a 7-0 lead early in the first quarter.
Sunday’s top GIFS:
- Tavon Austin scores another long touchdown (GIF)
- Golden Tate with incredible one-handed touchdown catch (GIF)
- Eagles Brandon Boykin intercepts Scott Tolzien and returns it 76 yards (GIF)
- Tavon Austin breaks off 98-yard punt return for TD (GIF)
- Eagles RB LeSean McCoy with video game juke (GIF)
- Datone Jones sacks Nick Foles; freaks out (GIF)
- Packers QB Seneca Wallace injured against Eagles (GIF)
- DeSean Jackson bails out Nick Foles for 55-yard TD (GIF)
- Clay Matthews playing with club on injured hand (Photo)
- Marshawn Lynch going beast mode already (GIF)