We have all been waiting for a breakout performance from wide receiver/kick returner Tavon Austin, who the St. Louis Rams traded up to select in the 2013 NFL Draft. Austin has been underwhelming early in the season, but some huge plays in the first half against the Indianapolis Colts has allowed the Rams to put the Colts on upset alert with a 21-0 lead.
The biggest play for Austin came on a punt return, when he inexplicably took the ball off of a bounce at the two-yard line.
It was a questionable decision for Austin to grab the punt, but it ended up working for him as he scampered 98-yards for the touchdown.
These are the kind of plays that the Rams will need to knock off the Rams, and they are getting them early.
- Eagles RB LeSean McCoy with video game juke (GIF)
- Datone Jones sacks Nick Foles; freaks out (GIF)
- Packers QB Seneca Wallace injured against Eagles (GIF)
- DeSean Jackson bails out Nick Foles for 55-yard TD (GIF)
- Clay Matthews playing with club on injured hand (Photo)
- Marshawn Lynch going beast mode already (GIF)