Playing quarterback might be the glory position on the field, but that doesn’t mean it’s immune to injury – despite the NFL doing what they can to protect signal callers.
Case in point? Jay Cutler.
The Chicago Bears quarterback returned to the lineup today after suffering a nasty groin injury during his Week 7 matchup against the Washington Redskins. Cutler wasn’t supposed to be back yet as his best case return date was around a month, but the tough quarterback decided to return early and was rewarded with a quick 32-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Marshall.
Hopefully for Bears fans, he’ll be able to continue with those throws, though considering what’s going on with Cutler’s hand – that may be a problem.
Some crafty camera work caught Cutler lined up for a snap, which showed the quarterback’s hand looking like something out of a horror movie.
While we saw similar problems from Tom Brady a few weeks back, who had more of a swollen hand, Cutler’s looks as if something has shifted under the skin. Of course, it’s likely just swollen, but ouch.
Sunday’s top GIFS:
- Tavon Austin scores another long touchdown (GIF)
- Golden Tate with incredible one-handed touchdown catch (GIF)
- Eagles Brandon Boykin intercepts Scott Tolzien and returns it 76 yards (GIF)
- Tavon Austin breaks off 98-yard punt return for TD (GIF)
- Eagles RB LeSean McCoy with video game juke (GIF)
- Datone Jones sacks Nick Foles; freaks out (GIF)
- Packers QB Seneca Wallace injured against Eagles (GIF)
- DeSean Jackson bails out Nick Foles for 55-yard TD (GIF)
- Clay Matthews playing with club on injured hand (Photo)
- Marshawn Lynch going beast mode already (GIF)