Miami Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin has been quite a mysterious figure lately. He ups and leaves his team and gets some treatment for emotional problems. It comes out that he was allegedly the victim of bullying. He avoids the media while Richie Incognito does an exclusive sit down interview and his teammates speak out. Even when leaving his meeting with NFL investigator Ted Wells, Martin didn’t say much to the media.
When he did finally speak to the media, he just read a brief statement. From Pro Football Talk:
Today’s meeting is consistent with my commitment to cooperate with the NFL’s investigation into my experience as a player on the Miami Dolphins.
Although I went into great detail with Mr. Ted Wells and his team, I do not intend to discuss this matter publicly at this time. I do, however, look forward to speaking directly with Stephen Ross, Tom Garfinkel, and the Dolphins organization at the appropriate time. This is the right way to handle the matter.
Beyond that, I look forward to working through the process and resuming my career in the National Football League.
He made it to California to see his alma mater play USC though. He appears to be enjoying himself too. Which is nice, after everything he has been through recently. It is nice to see him enjoying himself on the side line. Too bad he couldn’t hide from the cameras.
- Georgia coaches collapse on side line after Auburn Hail Mary (Video)
- Auburn wins game on 4th and 18 Hail Mary (GIF)
- Arizona punter drops football, forgets to kick (GIF)
- Stacy Coley takes punt return to the house (GIF)
- Kansas Jayhawks tear down goal posts, throw them in lake (Video)
- State trooper tackles fan on field at Oklahoma-Iowa State game (Video)
- Illini’s V’Angelo Bentley returns punt 67 yards for TD (GIF)
- Kansas fan has a “We Want Bama” sign (Photo)
- OSU’s Braxton Miller runs 70 yards for touchdown (GIF)