The Kansas Jayhawks beat the West Virginia Mountaineers on Saturday 31-19, a fairly large margin. The Jayhawks have had a rough season. They came into the game with a 2-7 record, and an 0-6 record within the Big 12 conference.
West Virginia took an early 7-0 lead and it looked like the Jayhawks were destined for another loss. Then a big second quarter thrust them into the lead. In the second quarter they got two touchdowns from James Sims, one of which was a 68-yard run with just 28 seconds left in the half.
In the third quarter, Sims added a third touchdown to give Kansas a dominating 24-7 run. A touchdown run from Brandon Bourbon made it 31-7 in the fourth quarter.
West Virginia desperately tried to fight back at the end of the game. They scored two touchdowns and failed to get a two-point conversion. Ultimately, it wasn’t enough.
That has Jayhawks fans jubilant and ready to celebrate. So the fans took the field and took down the goalposts to celebrate the win. They carried them out of the stadium and threw them into Potter Lake. It’s going to be fun on that campus tonight. Earlier in the week they had beaten Duke in basketball.
— David Ubben (@davidubben) November 16, 2013
- Illini’s V’Angelo Bentley returns punt 67 yards for TD (GIF)
- Kansas fan has a “We Want Bama” sign (Photo)
- OSU’s Braxton Miller runs 70 yards for touchdown (GIF)
- ESPN College GameDay: Best Signs of Week 12
- Lee Corso bleeds after getting hit with sword during pick (GIF)
- Stanford vs USC: Lee Corso’s headgear pick (Video)
Topics: Kansas Jayhawks