Last week Virginia Tech blew out Miami in south Florida. They were trying to keep the win streak alive against the Maryland Terrapins. It was a rough game for the Hokies. They were behind 21-7 early in the third quarter.
They fought their way back into the game though with a pair of scores to force over time. D.J. Coles caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from Logan Thomas to pull within one touchdown in the third quarter. About six minutes into the fourth quarter VaTech tied it up with a 5-yard touchdown pass from Logan Thomas to Willie Byrn.
As the fourth quarter came to an end neither team was able to break the tie forcing an overtime. Virginia Tech went first and got a field goal, so the Terrapins needed to score a touchdown to win.
Quarterback C.J. Brown scored on an incredible play at the goal line. He is looking down field and isn’t finding anything he likes. He then takes off towards the pylon. It is a race against a Tech defender. Brown dives towards the goal line and the defender dives to push him out of bounds. Brown is able to hold the ball over the line and inside the pylon for the game-winning touchdown.
- Stacy Coley takes punt return to the house (GIF)
- Kansas Jayhawks tear down goal posts, throw them in lake (Video)
- State trooper tackles fan on field at Oklahoma-Iowa State game (Video)
- Illini’s V’Angelo Bentley returns punt 67 yards for TD (GIF)
- Kansas fan has a “We Want Bama” sign (Photo)
- OSU’s Braxton Miller runs 70 yards for touchdown (GIF)
- ESPN College GameDay: Best Signs of Week 12
- Stanford vs USC: Lee Corso’s headgear pick (Video)