USC is taking on a No. 4 Stanford squad that has got the better of them in recent years. USC is determined to end that tonight and Lee Corso even picked them to win on ESPN College GameDay.
USC scored a touchdown first but missed the extra point. Stanford scored and went ahead 7-6, and when USC scored on the following drive, they decided to go for a 2-point conversion to get a 14-7 lead. On the play they called up a pass to wide receiver Marqise Lee, who makes an incredible toe-dragging side line catch.
He spins around, his back is to the side line and it looks like he gets a toe down. Not only is that key here, but it looks like he was juggling the ball and failing to possess it. He has the ball pinned against his helmet but it wobbles a little.
The referees aren’t quite sure how to call it so they gather to discuss. Marqise Lee then walks up, presumably to tell them it was a catch and to trust him. Then they put their hands up and signal that is good.
[h/t] SB Nation
[h/t] CJ Zero
- Georgia coaches collapse on side line after Auburn Hail Mary (Video)
- Auburn wins game on 4th and 18 Hail Mary (GIF)
- Arizona punter drops football, forgets to kick (GIF)
- Stacy Coley takes punt return to the house (GIF)
- Kansas Jayhawks tear down goal posts, throw them in lake (Video)
- State trooper tackles fan on field at Oklahoma-Iowa State game (Video)
- Illini’s V’Angelo Bentley returns punt 67 yards for TD (GIF)
- Kansas fan has a “We Want Bama” sign (Photo)
- OSU’s Braxton Miller runs 70 yards for touchdown (GIF)