It doesn’t matter how many players you put on Calvin Johnson – stopping the Detroit Lions wide receiver is all but impossible.
Coming off a two touchdown game, his third multi-touchdown game of the season, Megatron is back at it in Week 11, hauling in an 79-yard touchdown pass from Matthew Stafford in the second quarter of the Lions’ matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Trailing Pittsburgh 17-3, Stafford dropped back on a first and ten, though, was flushed out of the pocket and was looking for an open man down field. He saw none, though, eventually saw Johnson leak back towards him and fired off a rocket to the Pro Bowl receiver just moments before he was slammed to the turf.
Johnson hauled in the catch and after shaking off the lone tackler separating him from the end zone, slowly trotted into pay dirt to bring the Lions back within seven points.
H/T Zombie Prophet
- Case Keenum with wild 42-yard touchdown pass (GIF)
- Wind plays trick on New York Jets field goal (GIF)
- Raiders Matt McGloin throws first career TD (GIF)
- LeSean McCoy steals flag from Redskins fan (GIF)
- LeSean McCoy wears Raiders jacket to game (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets hit late on sideline (GIF)
- Carson Palmer throws touchdown to Larry Fitzgerald (GIF)
- Michael Irvin howls on TV (GIF)