New Orleans Saints quarterback was leveled by San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks. It is an incredibly violent hit and it doesn’t look like Brees saw it coming. You can see Brees head stay in place as his body takes shifts away with blow from Brooks’ arm. The hit forced Brees to fumble the ball, but Brooks was called for a personal foul for a blow to the head of a quarterback and the Saints kept possession of the ball.
This is how ESPN’s play by play explains it:
D.Brees sacked at SF 45 for -10 yards (A.Brooks). FUMBLES (A.Brooks), declared dead at SF 45. PENALTY on SF-A.Brooks, Personal Foul, 15 yards, enforced at SF 45. On the play, SF# 52 P. Willis recovered the ball, but on the penalty for a blow to the head and neck area of a quarterback, the 49ers were not allowed to retain possession. The penalty was marked from the point of the sack.
It allowed the Saints to go get closer and kick a field goal to tie the game late in the fourth quarter.
[h/t] Buzz Feed Sports
[h/t] CJ Zero
- RG3 does an Eli Manning impression (GIF)
- RG3 gets trampled during sack, fumble (GIF)
- Eagles’ LeSean McCoy injured (GIF)
- Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell hurdles defender (GIF)
- Brent Celek’s big 42-yard reception (GIF)
- Nick Foles powers through pile for touchdown (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets sacked (GIF)
- Antonio Brown catches a 34-yard touchdown pass (GIF)
- Chad Henne hits Danny Noble on 4th and 1 for 62-yard touchdown (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets hit late along the sideline (GIF)
- Michael Irvin howls on the pre-game show (GIF)