The Denver Broncos are holding on to a lead against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday Night Football. There was a scary moment in the third quarter when tight end Julius Thomas was tackled low by Chiefs cornerback Marcus Cooper.
This wasn’t a normal low hit, Thomas was leaning forward trying to catch a pass so his whole body was low. Cooper is clearly aiming for his torso but his momentum carries him into Thomas’ leg when he misses; he goes just under Thomas’ shoulder. You can see that the hit forces his knee to go the wrong direction and it looked pretty bad in the replay.
Thomas laid on the ground for a bit holding his knee, but walked off the field under his own power.
[h/t] Zombie Prophet
- RG3 does an Eli Manning impression (GIF)
- RG3 gets trampled during sack, fumble (GIF)
- Eagles’ LeSean McCoy injured (GIF)
- Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell hurdles defender (GIF)
- Brent Celek’s big 42-yard reception (GIF)
- Nick Foles powers through pile for touchdown (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets sacked (GIF)
- Antonio Brown catches a 34-yard touchdown pass (GIF)
- Chad Henne hits Danny Noble on 4th and 1 for 62-yard touchdown (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets hit late along the sideline (GIF)
- Michael Irvin howls on the pre-game show (GIF)