The Seattle Seahawks are having a big game against the Minnesota Vikings. Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch had a solid performance. He carried the ball 17 times for 54 yards, a pedestrian 3.2 yards per carry. He did have two touchdowns though on the ground and a third on a reception. At one point he was hanging out on the sideline and decided to show off his arm and give some lucky fan a souvenir.
He throws a ball up into the stands, pretty high as well. It goes to almost the back of the lower bowl. The lucky fan catching it didn’t seem aware that it was coming or what was happening. It lands in his lap and he begins looking around for someone to give it to. The announcers said it was a $5,000 fine.
A quick google search shows that there is indeed a fine for throwing footballs into the stands. In 2009, running back Steven Jackson was fined $5,000 for throwing a ball into the stands, while still with the St. Louis Rams. Earlier this season, Dallas Cowboys safety Barry Church was fined $5,250 for throwing a football into the stands following his first touchdown. His fine was eventually reduced by $2,000 though.
[h/t] CJ Zero
- RG3 does an Eli Manning impression (GIF)
- RG3 gets trampled during sack, fumble (GIF)
- Eagles’ LeSean McCoy injured (GIF)
- Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell hurdles defender (GIF)
- Brent Celek’s big 42-yard reception (GIF)
- Nick Foles powers through pile for touchdown (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets sacked (GIF)
- Antonio Brown catches a 34-yard touchdown pass (GIF)
- Chad Henne hits Danny Noble on 4th and 1 for 62-yard touchdown (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets hit late along the sideline (GIF)
- Michael Irvin howls on the pre-game show (GIF)