Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III said after the loss to the Minnesota Vikings that he can’t continue to take that kind of abuse. He needs to be better about the hits he takes.
“Bottom line, I can’t take those amount of hits,” Griffin said, via John Keim of ESPN.com. “You don’t want to be hit that much. A lot of great quarterbacks don’t get hit that much. It’s not just me, it’s a lot of things that go into that. We just have to get better.”
“If I’m put in that situation again, then yeah maybe I will slide,” Griffin said about a particular instance. “I think if I hadn’t slipped, I probably would have gotten in. Once I did slip it was probably best to get down and avoid that hit.”
“I have to do a better job of that, making sure it doesn’t happen and taking it upon myself to get down earlier,” he said. “I got two good shots in the game I could have avoided … The other hits I did avoid. I’m OK at doing that, getting down and getting out of the way. [But] I’ve got to do a better job of that. It will come. And then we just have to protect.”
He is struggling today. On this play he gets crushed and the football flies in the air. He then finds himself at the bottom of a pile, with out his helmet on as lineman run all over trying to get the loose ball. An Eagles lineman almost steps on his head, accidentally of course.
[h/t] Zombie Prophet
- Eagles’ LeSean McCoy injured (GIF)
- Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell hurdles defender (GIF)
- Brent Celek’s big 42-yard reception (GIF)
- Nick Foles powers through pile for touchdown (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets sacked (GIF)
- Antonio Brown catches a 34-yard touchdown pass (GIF)
- Chad Henne hits Danny Noble on 4th and 1 for 62-yard touchdown (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets hit late along the sideline (GIF)
- Michael Irvin howls on the pre-game show (GIF)