This game has basically been at the forefront of the college football landscape since the Tigers completed their miracle comeback against Georgia inside Jordan-Hare Stadium a little under two weeks ago and set up this SEC West Championship tilt.
Speaking of Jordan-Hare, that is where this showdown will take place on Saturday. Fans began traveling from around the country as early as last Friday in anticipation of tailgating and possibly watching their Tigers knock the hates Tide from the top.
Because of the high-volume of people expected, Auburn has announced a change to the tailgating schedule for the 2013 Iron Bowl:
- Flagging for the Alabama game will not be permitted until Wednesday, Nov. 27 at 8 a.m. Approximately 50’ x 20’ of space is appropriate per RV. Any excessive flagging will be removed by Auburn University public safety officials.
- While small tents are allowed, permits are required for tents with stakes that are 12 inches or longer.
- Generators, grills and flammable materials are not allowed within 50 feet of campus buildings; all fires must be contained to grills or other containers designed for that purpose.
- Visitors can find trash and recycling bins throughout tailgate areas, RV lots and the stadium.
- Six designated tailgating unloading locations will be available before the game at Transportation Tech Center (Magnolia Avenue); Goodwin Music Hall (Samford Avenue); Mell Street Station (Mell Street); Thach Avenue (Mell Street); Intramural Fields (Biggio Drive); and Facilities Division (Samford Avenue)
- Hayfield lots will reopen and remain open on Wednesday, Nov. 27 at 8 a.m.
- The SRV lot will open for football permit RV parking at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27.
- The East Coliseum RV lot will open for football permit RV parking at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27.