The National Football League is still investigating the situation between Miami Dolphins’ offensive linemen Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin.
When you’re on a team, no matter the sport or level, you end up forming brother like bonds with those teammates. This actually happens a lot with offensive linemen who have to line up next to each other during every practice or game and work together.
Personally, this conflict between Martin and Incognito really irritated me. Right now it’s a ‘he said, she (he) said’ type deal but I honestly believe Incognito said something to upset Martin knowing his history.
Anybody remember his run in with that hotel security guard that he knocked out earlier in the year? His actions have proved that he may not be the easiest guy to get a long with.
Anyways, Incognito’s four game suspension comes to an end this week but he’ll start to get paid after that. According to Jason Cole on Twitter, a Miami Dolphins source told him that they would be surprised if the team kept Incognito.
#Dolphins source I talked to said he’ll be shocked if the team keeps Incognito
— Jason Cole (@JasonPhilCole) November 29, 2013
Like I’ve said, the guy has gotten himself into trouble time and time again and seems like he’s more of a liability than anything else. It doesn’t make sense in keeping a guy who is gonna bring your organization negative attention.
It’ll be interesting to see what the team decides to do with him.