Tennessee Titans safety Bernard Pollard has a reputation around the league as a heavy-hitter and player that will make you pay for coming across the middle, and that is likely why he earned a flag for a big hit on Denver Broncos wide receiver Eric Decker on Sunday afternoon.
Pollard laid Decker out with a perfectly clean hit after leading with his shoulder, but the referees threw a penalty for a helmet-to-helmet blow and hitting a defenseless receiver. It’s a shame that these calls aren’t reviewable, because the penalty was a costly one for Tennessee.
Here is a look at the hit:
Did you think the hit was dirty or clean? Sound off in the comments section below with your thoughts.
- Broncos K Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard field goal (GIF)
- Calvin Johnson gets facemask full of snow (GIF)
- Minnesota Vikings build snowman on sideline vs. Ravens (Photo)
- Troy Polamalu scores diving TD on pick-six (GIF)
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski hit low, gets carted off (GIF)
- Adrian Peterson carted off field with lower leg injury (GIF)
- Geno Smith finally throws a touchdown (GIF)
- Marvin Jones crip walk TD dance (GIF)