UPDATE: Multiple news outlets have since reported that Gronkowski has indeed suffered a torn ACL. MRI on Monday will confirm.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) December 8, 2013
New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski suffered what appeared to be a serious knee injury on Sunday afternoon against the Cleveland Browns and he is set to undergo an MRI on Monday morning to determine the full extent of the injury.
Gronkowski took a big hit directly on his knee from the helmet of Browns safety T.J. Ward, which sent him to the ground in obvious pain before being carted off of the field.
While there is no official word on the extent of Gronkowski’s latest injury, there is some fear that he suffered a torn ACL on the hit.
Source says Rob Gronkowski suffered what’s believed to be a torn ACL. MRI tomorrow to confirm. Not surprising but another bad break for him.
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) December 8, 2013
We can expect an official word from the team on Monday, after all of the medical tests are complete.
- Minnesota Vikings build snowman on sideline vs. Ravens (Photo)
- Troy Polamalu scores diving TD on pick-six (GIF)
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski hit low, gets carted off (GIF)
- Adrian Peterson carted off field with lower leg injury (GIF)
- Geno Smith finally throws a touchdown (GIF)
- Marvin Jones crip walk TD dance (GIF)