New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski suffered what appeared to be a serious knee injury on Sunday afternoon. Gronkowski was running the ball down the middle of the field after a catch, when he was hit directly on the knee by the helmet of Cleveland Browns safety T.J. Ward at full speed.
It was a brutal and unfortunate hit that knocked Gronkowski to the ground, where he laid in pain while receiving attention from the team’s medical staff.
Gronkowski was ruled out for the game and the team will learn his long-term status on Monday, after he undergoes an MRI that is scheduled.
Gronkowski fought hard to get back on the field after a number of surgeries during the offseason, and it looks like he will once again need to spend his offseason attempting to get healthy.
- Minnesota Vikings build snowman on sideline vs. Ravens (Photo)
- Troy Polamalu scores diving TD on pick-six (GIF)
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski hit low, gets carted off (GIF)
- Adrian Peterson carted off field with lower leg injury (GIF)
- Geno Smith finally throws a touchdown (GIF)
- Marvin Jones crip walk TD dance (GIF)