It was a short night for Cincinnati Bengals punter Kevin Huber, who was on the receiving end of a devastating block from Steelers linebacker Terence Garvin during a punt return. Huber violently crashed to the turf after the hit, where he was attended to be the medical staff before leaving the field with a bloody mouth and “dental injury.”
After being evaluated in the locker room, the Bengals determined that Huber would be out for the remainder of the game after suffering a broken jaw. Ouch.
You can watch the brutal block here.
With Huber out, kicker Mike Nugent will be forced in to punting duties.
After seeing his first punt attempt and seeing that the Bengals are currently trailing 21-0, Cincinnati may be wise to forego any punt attempts and simply go for it on every fourth down.
- Dolphins fans prays for interception, Tom Brady then throws on
- Alshon Jeffery hauls in another great TD catch
- Jaguars give up touchback on failed TD run
- DeSean Jackson blows up on Eagles sideline
- Bills EJ Manuel does the crip walk after touchdown
- Michael Hoomanawanui hauls in one-handed TD for Patriots
- Dolphins field goal holder hit in face with snap
- Kirk Cousins throws first TD vs. Falcons
- Steven Jackson destroys Redskins DB on TD run
- Jay Cutler throws INT on first drive back as starter
Tags: Cincinnati Bengals