Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews has been playing with a broken thumb and toughing it out this season, but on Sunday afternoon he was hit with another injury. Matthews was able to sack Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, but he paid the price.
Matthews wrapped up Roethlisberger with his injured hand, before bringing down the Steelers quarterback on top of his arm.
Matthews immediately showed that he was in pain, before walking off to the sideline with his arm hanging by his side. He was eventually taken to the locker room for further evaluation.
The Packers have announced that Matthews is questionable to return with a thumb injury.
- Rex Ryan loses his mind, goes after referee following Geno Smith late hit out of bounds (GIF)
- Cowboys’ Tony Romo scrambles, finds Dez Bryant for TD (GIF)
- Rams WR Stedman Bailey scores on reverse (GIF)
- Bills QB Thad Lewis is really upset (GIF)
- Rob Riggle makes fun of Cowboys, Tony Romo in Dallas Sellers Club (Video)
- Steve Smith injury: Panthers WR suffers leg injury (GIF)
- Panthers’ Steve Smith hits himself repeatedly in head (GIF)
- Cowboys big punt return sets up DeMarco Murray touchdown (GIFs)