There was a bit of controversy in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ game against the Green Bay Packers. The Steelers special team unit got a big field goal block to hold onto a 17-14 lead in the third quarter.
The ball rolled out of bounds and should’ve been the Steelers’ ball, right? Nope, the referees called a ‘batting the ball’ penalty giving the ball back to the Packers. Running back Eddie Lacy ran the ball in on the very next play to give the Packers the lead in the game.
Interestingly, Matt Flynn hit a cameraman in the nuts with a pass on this drive.
If the Packers win this game, you can bet that this play will be a focal point of post-game debates. ESPN’s First Take is already getting ready for it.
- Rob Riggle makes fun of Cowboys, Tony Romo in Dallas Sellers Club (Video)
- Cowboys’ Tony Romo scrambles, finds Dez Bryant for TD (GIF)
- Rams WR Stedman Bailey scores on reverse (GIF)
- Jaguars center Brad Meester catches pass on screen play (GIF)
- Saints’ Drew Brees victim of big sack from Panthers (GIF)
- Cowboys big punt return sets up DeMarco Murray touchdown (GIFs)
- Panthers’ Steve Smith hits himself repeatedly in head (GIF)