The Denver Broncos are headed to New Jersey to play in Super Bowl XLVIII, but before they can prep for the game they need to know which players will be available for them on Super Bowl Sunday. One of the players that many fans have questions about is defensive back Tony Carter, who suffered a nasty hit during Sunday’s win over the New England Patriots.
Many feared that Carter had suffered a concussion, but head coach John Fox told reporters today that Carter is going to be fine. Despite seeing some stars, Carter did not suffer a concussion and should be good to go for the Super Bowl.
John Fox in press conference: Tony Carter is fine, says it was a pinched nerve. No concussion. #broncos
— Denver Post Broncos (@PostBroncos) January 20, 2014
Even if Carter had suffered a concussion, his status for the Super Bowl wouldn’t have been as bad if he were to have suffered one last week. With two weeks before the Super Bowl, Carter has ample time to heal up and likely would have been cleared to play. Passing the concussion protocol is no easy task though, as Percy Harvin was held out of action this past Sunday after suffering a concussion the week prior.
Carter won’t have to worry about that though, as no concussion means no issues with the protocol test.