The Super Bowl has come and gone and college football just wrapped up their national signing festivities which means it’s NFL draft season and with that a plethora of mock drafts to make your head spin, but it makes for good conversation and bar room debate.
The NFL combine is not for a couple weeks and free agency will alter the makeup of literally every mock draft before the May 8 draft, but Joel Klatt of Fox Sports has issues a mock draft for the top 10 teams and he’s bucking the trend that a quarterback will go first overall.
- Jadeveon Clowney-Houston Texans
- Jake Matthews-St. Louis Rams
- Johnny Manziel-Jacksonville Jaguars
- Teddy Bridgewater-Cleveland Browns
- Sammy Watkins-Oakland Raiders
- Anthony Barr-Atlanta Falcons
- Greg Robinson-Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Blake Bortles-Minnesota Vikings
- Khalil Mack-Buffalo Bills
- Darqueze Dennard-Detroit Lions
Clowney was widely-viewed as a lock to be the first pick in this year’s draft dating back to before the 2013 draft, but after a disappointing junior season with the South Carolina Gamecocks, his draft stock dropped, but will use the NFL combine as a means to remind NFL teams how dominant he can be.
The three teams Klatt has selecting quarterbacks certainly have needs at those positions and could be ideal matches if the Texans and Bill O’Brien pass on taking on one of the top three quarterbacks.