Finally some good news for the San Diego Chargers and Malcom Floyd as the wide receiver has been cleared for light activities which include weight lifting and running, this according to the San Diego Union Tribune.
Floyd suffered a nasty disc injury in Week 2 of the season against the Philadelphia Eagles, but seems to be on the slow road to recovery thankfully.
The Chargers wide receiver continues to make small steps in his recovery from a neck injury suffered last September. The 32-year-old resumed running about a month ago, he said Saturday, and spinal specialist Dr. Robert Watkins cleared him last week to participate in light weightlifting.
Despite the progress, there’s still an uncertainty if Floyd will be able to play in the NFL again. But that takes a back seat to quality of life moving forward which should be normal once Floyd’s rehab comes to an end.
Floyd has said the pain in his neck has dropped considerably, though says at times it can still be painful but stated it’s still in the process of recovery.