Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports

Miles Austin says Cowboys release handled with 'straight class'


The Dallas Cowboys made the hard decision to part ways with wide receiver Miles Austin, who was designated as a post-June 1 cut on Tuesday evening. Austin said that it wasn’t a surprise and that the Cowboys handled it with class.

“I wasn’t completely blindsided,” Austin said, per ESPN Dallas. “I understood what the outcomes or scenarios could be. They let me know personally and it was handled really classy and I wouldn’t expect anything other than straight class. Now I’ve got a group of other scenarios that can come up and I’m looking forward to the next possible opportunity wherever it may be.”

Austin never lived up to the hype of the big contract he earned after a break out season in 2009 when he caught 81 passes for 1,320 yards and 11 touchdowns, earning the first of two consecutive Pro Bowl nods. He has since been hampered with hamstring issues.

Tags: Dallas Cowboys

  • Earl Robertson

    Austin is the one to blame no way a guy should have that many problems with hamstrings! Poor work ethic

    • Th3Bill

      I’ll have to slightly disagree there, as if you look on the whole at the number of hamstring injuries Dallas has last year…I believe the number was at 11 or 13…in any case it was the highest or second highest in the NFL…you begin to realize it’s probably something to do with strength and conditioning coaches. But I will agree that to have injuries virtually every year is not something that can be accepted at the salary levels he was making.