Almost every member of the WWE Universe went silent after the referee slammed his hand on the mat for the third count with The Undertaker’s shoulders on the canvas, during WrestleMania for the first time in 22 contests.
I was one of the WWE fans who was happy to see the streak finally end. Not because I hate The Undertaker, he’s actually one of my favorite wrestlers. I just thought it was going to finally come to an end last year when he went toe to toe with CM Punk. Punk and Heyman had some beautiful segments where they were able to get into the minds of The Undertaker.
Heyman at one point (if you have forgotten), dressed up as Paul Bearer. Something that Heyman received a lot of heat for, which is disappointing because it was absolutely brilliant.
But deep down, I knew that if anybody could break the streak and make it convincing, it was Brock Lesnar. And by convincing, I mean someone who can manhandle him and give him the biggest fight of his career. Lesnar being a former UFC Heavyweight Champion, I just couldn’t see who else would be able to break the streak if Brock was unable to do so.
But he did. Now we move on.
So with Brock Lesnar conquering The Streak just like Paul Heyman said he would, what’s next for The Beast? It’s obvious that he’ll be taking some time off now that Cesaro is under Heyman’s wing.
Lesnar has signed another deal with the WWE that runs through WrestleMania 31, so we know that he’ll be competing at the event for the third year in a row. The only question is, who could he be squaring off against? Here’s five possible opponents that could challenge Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31:
- The Undertaker – If this man hasn’t retired after this loss, you better believe that he’s going to be looking for revenge in exactly a year. Just because the streak is over, doesn’t mean he won’t be back to compete at WrestleMania 31. The Undertaker came back a year after defeating Triple H at WrestleMania XXVII after he had to be carted to the backstage area after the match. This time, he wanted to make sure that Triple H was the one who was unable to walk away from the match up, this time going to war in a Hell in a Cell match. This could result in the same thing, but I highly doubt a cell will be involved. Maybe a street fight, or possibly buried alive.
- Roman Reigns - Reigns is no doubt a future WWE World Heavyweight Champion, the only problem right now is, he’s a babyface. The current WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan is the company babyface and will not be turning heel anytime soon. Reigns will be breaking away from The Shield well before WrestleMania 31, so this match up could make sense. The future powerhouse of the WWE going up against the powerhouse who dominated the world of Mixed Martial Arts and ended the infamous streak of The Undertaker.
- The Rock - Brock Lesnar won his very first WWE Championship against The Rock on August 25, 2002 during WWE’s SummerSlam. He became the youngest WWE World Heavyweight Champion at the age of 25 years old, which led to multiple title runs before leaving for the UFC. This match has been rumored for awhile and since Rocky hasn’t competed since his match up with John Cena last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if he happens to be the front runner.
- Cesaro - Why not? This would be the second Paul Heyman guy who would have to go up against the top Paul Heyman guy since CM Punk. Cesaro has picked up a bunch of praise from not only Heyman himself, but the WWE Universe. Cesaro, just like Reigns, will one day become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion but it won’t happen anytime soon. But Cesaro’s title run could happen a lot quicker than Reigns. Only because Heyman is in Cesaro’s corner, which benefit’s the young WWE Superstar.
- Daniel Bryan - Now that Lesnar conquered the streak, there’s only one thing left that he needs to do. That’s to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, well this depends on if Bryan’s champion by this time next year. Bryan is one of the smallest guys on the roster, but he has the heart of a giant and has done some conquering of his own. There’s no question that Brock Lesnar would be his toughest challenge yet, just like it he was for The Undertaker. Bryan has taken down John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, Kane and Batista. The only big guy he’s yet to challenge and defeat is Lesnar.
What do you think WWE Universe?