We have to wait a year before we witness another WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony which will lead to WrestleMania 31. I have no idea how next years will top the previous Mania, but predictions have been made by WWE.com staff.
Now predictions are flying all over the internet on what people will think will happen between either Money in the Bank or the WWE Royal Rumble. Back in January, we watched Dave ‘The Animal’ Batista claim a spot in the main event for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship after he eliminated Roman Reigns.
Now let’s take a quick look at these predictions. I’ll voice my opinion on each one. You can view the original article that was published by WWE.com staff by clicking here.
- John Cena will join The Wyatt Family: The WWE tried this with Daniel Bryan and it failed almost immediately. The WWE Universe didn’t allow Bryan to maintain a heel gimmick which forced the creative team to scrap the idea and have him take on Bray Wyatt at the Royal Rumble. I can pretty much guarantee you that this won’t happen because of the same thing. I’m sure most of the older crowd will absolutely love it, but the younger generation would be crushed. A lot of people want John Cena to turn heel, but I doubt it ever happens. He played that role before so he’ll remain the face of the WWE until he retires.
- Roman Reigns will win the 2015 Royal Rumble Match: This is something that I can see happening. But it would only make sense if the champion is a heel or the company ends up splitting the championships apart again. I don’t think it would matter if he was a WWE or a World Heavyweight Champion. As long as Reigns has a major heavyweight title around his shoulders, it would send a lot of fans home happy. I don’t see his babyface role going away anytime soon, but it’ll only grow once Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins turn their backs on him.
- The WWE World Heavyweight Championship will be split up: I know some WWE fans love seeing these two titles together, but this needs to end as soon as possible. This company has way too much talent on it’s roster to have everyone fighting to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. You still have guys like Dolph Ziggler, Big E., Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow, Cesaro, Alexander Rusev, and Bray Wyatt who have what it takes to become a heavyweight champion. With the titles unified, it’s pushing what used to be main event talent to mid-lower card spots. It was great to see John Cena lose the World Heavyweight Championship from Randy Orton, but no more.
- Stephanie McMahon will target the Divas Championship: I’m not going to spend a lot of time on this prediction so all I’ll say about this is, No! Why would they have Stephanie compete against younger talent such as AJ Lee, Paige and Emma? The Divas division is only going to get better once the rest of the female talent from NXT is brought up. Just let her run things behind the curtain, make some appearances here and there with the microphone and call it a day.
- Zeb Colter will form a stable of Real Americans: The only way I can see this happening, is if Jack Swagger ends up becoming a face and leaving Colter. Or the way he becomes face is by Colter turning his back on him. Maybe the next stable will involve NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension?
- Cody Rhodes will win (and cash in) Money in the Bank: Again, this is if they only split up the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I’m not sure if the company is ready to hand over the WWE World Heavyweight Championship to Cody Rhodes just yet considering they’ll want to milk this thing with Daniel Bryan. He’s a perfect fit for the World Heavyweight Championship.
- Cesaro will break away from Paul Heyman and challenge Brock Lesnar: Pretty much a repeat of CM Punk and Heyman’s fall out back at Money in the Bank. But there has been talk about Lesnar passing the torch to the next big thing of the company and I’m pretty sure that it’s Cesaro himself. If he’s not the front runner for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (split up or not), then I can see this happening.
- The Undertaker will retire: We all don’t want to see it, but it’s going to happen sooner or later. We’ve seen older wrestlers retire and actually stay retired from the business. Taker has underwent multiple surgeries over the last couple of years whenever he was finished with his WrestleMania match. If it’s announced that The Undertaker is going to retire, then we should all expect him to become the headline inductee in the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015. The guy has been through a lot and deserves to walk away from the squared circle to enjoy everyday life without having to worry about going under the knife to repair or replace something.
Now that we have these predictions and my opinions for each one thrown out in the open, why don’t I throw out a bold prediction myself? So here it goes.
The WWE will have a Champion vs Champion match between the United States and Intercontinental Championship holders at WrestleMania 31.