Every year, fans look forward to their team’s 2014 schedule, but we already know the strength of schedule for each team around the league that determines how difficult it could be to reach the postseason.
This season, the Indianapolis Colts and Tennessee Titans were the two teams who were blessed with the easiest roads to the postseason.
Having the easiest schedule doesn’t necessary mean there is a shoe-in to reach the postseason, but it certainly makes things more interesting. For Andrew Luck and company, this is some great news.
The Colts are on the verge of making a breakthrough, and having the easiest schedule could set them up for record that would land them with home field advantage throughout the postseason.
Here are the five easiest schedules for the 2014 NFL regular season, according to the strength of schedule:
NOTE: Strength of schedule is determined by the combined 2013 record of all 16 opponents.
- Indianapolis Colts, opponents 2013 record: 110-146 (.430)
- Tennessee Titans, opponents 2013 record: 112-144 (.438)
- Houston Texans, opponents 2013 record: 113-143 (.441)
- Jacksonville Jaguars, opponents 2013 record: 116-140 (.438)
- Baltimore Ravens, opponents 2013 record: 117-139 (.461)
Will having the easiest schedules help the AFC South send a breakthrough team into the postseason or set the Ravens up for a deep postseason run? Sound off in the comments section below with your thoughts and predictions.