Among the new features include the ability to upload pictures from your device as your PSN profile picture. Prior to the update, only your Facebook profile picture could be used as your avatar. The full details of the PlayStation app update can be found below, courtesy of iTunes.
What’s New in Version 1.70.13
- Notification alerts are now supported.
- Thumbnails are now displayed for screenshots and video clips that are posted to Twitter or Facebook® as activities. (To use this feature, you must have a Twitter or Facebook account.)
- Resolutions for iPad 2 and iPad mini are now supported.
- Pictures you take on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch can now be set as your profile picture.
- You can now send a PSN℠ Friend request to your friend using email or text.
- Stability during use of some features has been improved.
* Twitter is a trademark or registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
* Facebook is a trademark or registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
* iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Want to get the latest news wherever you may be? Download the official Fansided App on the AppStore or Google Play Market today to stay up-to-date on the latest news, rumors and analysis from Fansided without even being at a computer. You can also sign up for our newsletter below to get daily updates send straight to your e-mail. And make sure you follow @FanSidedTech on Twitter for the latest tech & gaming news, rumors, and analysis!