Following another disappointing season in 2013, the Cleveland Browns had a bit of an overhaul at the top of the command chain. After just one season, they fired Rob Chudzinksi and replaced him with Mike Pettine, who now works under new GM Ray Farmer. The organization hopes that these changes will end up taking the team back to the top of the AFC North, and that journey starts soon with the offseason workout programs.
Here’s a look at the spring and summer schedule coming up for the Browns.
OTA offseason workouts: May 20-21, May 23, May 27-28, May 30, June 2-3, June 5-6
Mandatory minicamp: June 10-12
In anticipation of these workouts, here’s a reminder of the key offseason acquisitions by the Browns, as well as their most recent draft picks.
Free Agency Additions:
- Ben Tate, RB (formerly with Houston)
- Andrew Hawkins, WR (formerly with Cincinnati)
- Nate Burleson, WR (released by Detroit)
- Jim Dray, TE (formerly with Arizona)
- Paul McQuistan, G (formerly with Seattle)
- Karlos Dansby, ILB (formerly with Arizona)
- Isaiah Trufant, CB (formerly with New York Jets)
- Donte Whitner, S (formerly with San Francisco)
|Rd 1 – #8(8)||Justin Gilbert (CB) Oklahoma St|
|Rd 1 – #22(22)||Johnny Manziel (QB) Texas A&M|
|Rd 2 – #3(35)||Joel Bitonio (OT) Nevada|
|Rd 3 – #7(71)||Chris Kirksey (OLB) Iowa|
|Rd 3 – #30(94)||Terrance West (RB) Towson|
|Rd 4 – #27(127)||Pierre Desir (CB) Lindenwood|
How do you think the Browns will fare in 2014? Will Johnny Manziel be the starter? Let us know in the comments below.