The Oakland Raiders have a long way to go before they can consider themselves among the elite in the AFC West, however there are some that believe they’re making some positive steps in that direction. We’ll begin to find out whether or not that’s true when the team starts their offseason training programs shortly.
Here’s a look at the upcoming spring and summer workout schedule for the Raiders as they get ready for the 2014 season.
OTA offseason workouts: May 27-28, May 30, June 2-3, June 5, June 9-12
Mandatory minicamp: June 17-19
In anticipation of these workouts, here’s a reminder of the huge offseason pick ups the Raiders made as well as their most recent draft picks, including stud linebacker Khalil Mack.
Free Agency Additions:
- Maurice Jones-Drew, RB (formerly with Jacksonville)
- James Jones, WR (formerly with Green Bay)
- Austin Howard, OT (formerly with New York Jets)
- Donald Penn, LT (released by Tampa Bay)
- Kevin Boothe, G (formerly with New York Giants)
- Justin Tuck, DE (formerly with New York Giants)
- Antonio Smith, DE (formerly with Houston)
- C.J. Wilson, DE (formerly with Green Bay)
- LaMarr Woodley, LB (released by Pittsburgh)
- Tarell Brown, CB (formerly with San Francisco)
- Carlos Rogers, CB (released by San Francisco)
|Rd 1 – #5(5)||Khalil Mack (OLB) Buffalo|
|Rd 2 – #4(36)||Derek Carr (QB) Fresno St|
|Rd 3 – #17(81)||Gabe Jackson (OG) Miss St|
|Rd 4 – #7(107)||Justin Ellis (DT) La Tech|
|Rd 4 – #16(116)||Keith McGill (CB) Utah|
|Rd 7 – #4(219)||T.J. Carrie (CB) Ohio|
|Rd 7 – #20(235)||Shelby Harris (DE) Illinois St|
|Rd 7 – #32(247)||Jonathan Dowling (CB) W Kentucky|
How do you think the Raiders will do in 2014? Let us know in the comments below.