After a very shaky start in 2013, the Pittsburgh Steelers fought back in typical Steelers fashion and just barely missed out on the playoffs, finishing up the year at 8-8. They showed that they’re still a contender and will look to keep that momentum rolling in the 2014 season, hopefully culminating in that return trip to the playoffs.
That all begins with the upcoming offseason workouts, and here’s a look at the spring and summer schedule for the Steelers.
OTA offseason workouts: May 27-29, June 3-5, June 9-12
Mandatory minicamp: June 17-19
In anticipation of these workouts, here’s a reminder of the Steelers’ key free agent pick ups as well as their most recent draft picks.
Free Agency Additions:
- LeGarrette Blount, RB (formerly with New England)
- Tauren Poole, RB (formerly with Indianapolis)
- Lance Moore, WR (released by New Orleans)
- Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR (formerly with Indianapolis)
- Cam Thomas, DT (formerly with San Diego)
- Arthur Moats, LB (formerly with Buffalo)
- Brice McCain, CB (released by Houston)
- Mike Mitchell, FS (formerly with Carolina)
- Adam Podlesh, P (released by Chicago)
|Rd 1 – #15(15)||Ryan Shazier (OLB) Ohio St|
|Rd 2 – #14(46)||Stephon Tuitt (DE) Notre Dame|
|Rd 3 – #33(97)||Dri Archer (RB) Kent St|
|Rd 4 – #18(118)||Martavis Bryant (WR) Clemson|
|Rd 5 – #17(157)||Shaquille Richardson (CB) Arizona|
|Rd 5 – #33(173)||Wesley Johnson (C) Vanderbilt|
|Rd 6 – #16(192)||Jordan Zumwalt (OLB) UCLA|
|Rd 6 – #39(215)||Dan McCullers (DT) Tennessee|
|Rd 7 – #15(230)||Rob Blanchflower (TE) UMass|
Can the Steelers get back to the postseason? Let us know in the comments below.
And grab 2014 Steelers tickets now from Totally Tickets!