Now that we are less than three weeks away from the 2014 NBA Draft, the rumors have really ramped up causing many to reconfigure their mock drafts.
In the latest mock draft from Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports, he has former Kansas Jayhawks’ center Joel Embiid at the top. He then projects the Bucks to take former Duke Blue Devils’ forward Jabari Parker over Embiid’s college teammate, Andrew Wiggins. The Philadelphia 76ers would be thrilled to land Wiggins and the Orlando Magic would likely feel the same way about Dante Exum. The Utah Jazz, who view Derrick Favors as a center, could be in the market for a young power forward and former Arizona Wildcats’ power forward Aaron Gordon could be a fit.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Joel Embiid, Kansas, C, 7-0, 240, Fr. – Assuming there are no serious back issues, one NBA scout says Embiid has chance to be a franchise superstar.
2. Milwaukee Bucks: Jabari Parker, Duke, SF, 6-8, 241 pounds, Fr. – The Chicago native has been working out hard in Los Angeles, will likely go here, where he is not far from home.
3. Philadelphia 76ers: Andrew Wiggins, Kansas, SG-SF, 6-8, 197, Fr. – Backcourt of Wiggins and Rookie of the Year Michael Carter-Williams could be a great one for a long time.
4. Orlando Magic: Dante Exum, Australian Institute of Sports, PG-SG, 6-6, 196 – While Exum is the frontrunner, Orlando is also looking at Aaron Gordon, Noah Vonleh, Julius Randle and Marcus Smart.
5. Utah Jazz: Aaron Gordon, Arizona, PF, 6-9, 220, Fr. – Gordon had an impressive workout with the Jazz last week. Boston would likely be disappointed if he is selected here.
The draft is on Thursday, June 26.