Every so often, Major League Basebal releases a list of their best selling jerseys and as expected, it’s chalked full of superstar talents. Included in the top three are Buster Posey of the San Francisco Giants and Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers, though neither could take the crown from New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter.
Even before Jeter announced his pending retirement, he was always near the top of the MLB jersey sales though given this will be his final year, it’s clear fans are attempting to stock up. Hell, it wasn’t that long ago that we saw teams (like the Houston Astros) clearing out sections of their team store at their home ballpark with Derek Jeter merchandise.
Four or baseball’s biggest markets, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Boston all have multiple players represented on the best selling MLB jerseys list.
Below are the top twenty players – a list which likely includes at least one of your favorite players.
1. Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
2. Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
3. Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
4. David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox
5. Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
6. Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
7. Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
8. David Wright, New York Mets
9. Yasiel Puig, Los Angeles Dodgers
10. Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
11. Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
12. Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
13. Robinson Cano, Seattle Mariners
14. Masahiro Tanaka, New York Yankees
15. Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
16. Manny Machado, Baltimore Orioles
17. Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
18. Hyun-Jin Ryu, Los Angeles Dodgers
19. Tim Lincecum, San Francisco Giants
20. Yu Darvish, Texas Rangers