You may be aware of the fact that New York Yankees star Derek Jeter will be playing in the final MLB All Star Game of his career on Monday night at Target Field in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
In advance of the final All-Star appearance for “The Captain,” both the American League and National League have announced their starting lineups and batting orders for Monday night’s showcase.
Jeter will get the honor of leading off for the American League, while Nelson Cruz serves as the designated hitter and Miguel Cabrera of the Detroit Tigers occupies the cleanup spot.
It is going to be an incredible night of action in Minneapolis, so make sure that you tune in for all of the action beginning with the opening pitch.
The complete batting order and starting lineup for the American League can be seen below:
- Derek Jeter, SS, New York Yankees
- Mike Trout, OF, Los Angeles Angels
- Robinson Cano, 2B, Seattle Mariners
- Miguel Cabrera, 1B, Detroit Tigers
- Jose Bautista, OF, Toronto Blue Jays
- Nelson Cruz, DH, Baltimore Orioles
- Adam Jones, OF, Baltimore Orioles
- Josh Donaldson, 3B, Oakland Athletics
- Salvador Perez, C, Kansas City Royals
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the night for the latest news, highlights and results from the 2014 MLB All-Star Game in Minneapolis.