On Tuesday, Mississippi State proposed a $40 milion baseball stadium to be built on the existing site and it looks pretty awesome. While construction hasn’t been announced yet, the team plans to play through it while the new stadium is built at Noble Field/Polk-Dement Stadium.
This will not be a renovation, but a completely new ballpark.
Mississippi State Athleric Director Scott Stricklin to gulflive.com that the school set the standard nearly 30 years ago for baseball stadiums and wants to do it again.
“Mississippi State baseball first set the standard for making college baseball games a happening, becoming one of the first schools to invest in a modern facility nearly 30 years ago,” Stricklin said. “The new Dudy Noble Field Master Plan will provide our players, coaches and fans the best ballpark in all of college baseball.”
Mississippi State baseball head coach John Cohen also told gulflive.com that he’s very excited for the new stadium.
“This is a monumental day for our baseball program, and something every Bulldog player and fan deserves. As a former player and now coach, I know the greatest fans in college baseball will take action to ensure our players and coaching staff have the necessary amenities and resources to recruit and compete at the highest level.”
Images of what the stadium will look like can be seen here.
Here’s some things the ballpark will include courtesy of HailState.com
- The new stadium will include an open-air concourse with a two-tiered grandstand, meaning visibility of the game from anywhere in the stadium (except bathrooms, of course).
- Speaking of premium seating: the stadium plans include 25 skyboxes, including suites and loge seating, plus 25 “Left Field Lofts,” which are 1,000 sq. foot apartments behind Left Field Lounge, seen in the rendering above. They will be accessible year-round with two bedrooms, a bathroom a kitchen and a common room.
- They will have additional amenities (such as access to electricity and storage). The spots will likely be open year-round for seating and tailgating for things like fall baseball or football tailgating,
- The facility will include new locker rooms, training rooms, equipment rooms and potentially coaches’ offices.
- There will, of course, be additional and bigger concession areas and restrooms, both in the grandstand and outfield.
- The new facility will include a new HD video board, ribbon boards and field lighting.
Tags: Mississippi State