Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Would anyone like to know a secret about writing for a fantasy baseball site like this one? Okay. I’ll let you in on this one. The time between the end of the World Series and Opening Day actually gives us a lot more to write about than the actual season does, and nothing is more intense than the hot stove season.
With the Winter Meetings taking place this week, we’re expecting it to be even busier and more hectic. Here’s another secret, though. We absolutely love it.
We’re going to have updates about the goings on in Orlando throughout the week, but this has already been a busy offseason and we’ve written a lot about some of the moves that have taken place. In case you’ve missed any of it or would like a refresher on what the moves mean for fantasy baseball, take a look at our thoughts about the moves that have taken place pre-Winter Meetings. For the record, these are our takes actual moves that have happened. Follow this link for our takes on rumored moves.
- Joe Mauer as a first baseman for the Minnesota Twins. (Link here).
- Ian Kinsler going from the Texas Rangers to the Detroit Tigers. (Link here).
- Fantasy impact of Joe Mauer moving to first base. (Link here).
- Fantasy baseball take on Carlos Ruiz re-signing with the Philadelphia Phillies, Tim Hudson signing with the San Francisco Giants, and LaTroy Hawkins signing with the Colorado Rockies. (Link here).
- What Josh Johnson signing with the San Diego Padres does for his fantasy value. (Link here)
- Overall impact of the Prince Fielder/Ian Kinsler trade (Link here).
- Why megatrade will hurt the fantasy value of Miguel Cabrera. (Link here).
- How Brian McCann will do in New York Yankees pinstripes. (Link here).
- Will Jason Vargas (Kansas City Royals) and Dan Haren (Los Angeles Dodgers) be relevant with their new teams? (Link here).
- Trade from Baltimore Orioles to Oakland Athletics will be an upgrade for Jim Johnson. (Link here).
- Trade to the Washington Nationals makes Doug Fister more fantasy relevant. (Link here).
- Pros and Cons of Dexter Fowler going from Coors Field and the Colorado Rockies to the Houston Astros. (Link here).
- Evaluating Fantasy angle of Jacoby Ellsbury signing with New York Yankees. (Link here).
- Comparing the value of Phil Hughes (Minnesota Twins) and Scott Kazmir (Oakland Athletics) in their new homes. (Link here).
- Blockbuster Signing of Robinson Cano to the Seattle Mariners. (Link here).
- Fantasy fallout of the signings of Mike Napoli (back to the Boston Red Sox) and Carlos Beltran (New York Yankees). (Link here).
Steven Nash Olan
- Prince Fielder going from the Detroit Tigers to the Texas Rangers. (Link here).
- David Freese being traded to the Los Angeles Angels. (Link here).
- Fantasy ramifications of Jhonny Peralta signing with the St. Louis Cardinals. (Link here).
- What is the fantasy value of Ricky Nolasco after signing with the Minnesota Twins? (Link here).
- The massive sleeper potential of Curtis Granderson after signing with the New York Mets. (Link here).