This ballboy working up the right field line at Busch Stadium wants nothing to do with this line foul off the bat of Matt Holliday. In his zeal to avoid interfering with the ball, the ballboy ends up plunging over the fence and into the seats.
More from MLB
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- Shohei Ohtani trade rumors live tracker: Every update so far
- MLB Rumors: Yankees mistake, Cardinals trade package, Cubs choice
- Inside the Clubhouse: What I’m hearing ahead of the MLB Trade Deadline
- After frantic trade day, Kiké Hernandez grateful for second chance with Dodgers
In the process he almost lands in the lap of a female fan. Lucky for her the ballboy did not end up on top of her. As the video shows, this is not a small ballboy we’re dealing with. This is a larger variety of ballboy.
Ballman would be the more appropriate title for that particular member of the Busch Stadium team. Actually…looking closer…is that Jim Thome?
No. It’s not Jim Thome. But that guy is almost as large as Jim Thome and he almost made a pancake out of that poor woman.
Look, I understand you don’t want to accidentally interfere with a fair ball, but at the same time you can’t be too eager to get out of the way. You can’t jeopardize your safety and the safety of the paying customers.
The Cardinals have to either train their ball people better or get smaller ball people who present less of a hazard to the public. There’s a reason why so many teams hire skinny women as their ball people. It’s a safety thing as much as an aesthetic thing.