The Cleveland Cavaliers are all-in on landing LeBron James this summer, but what happens if they come up empty?
More from Cleveland Cavaliers
- NBA insider: Cavaliers should consider trading Donovan Mitchell
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- NBA Rumors: 3 teams that should trade for Joel Embiid
- NBA rumors: How Donovan Mitchell could wind up on the trading block
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
Like any organization, the Cavaliers have to have a back up plan if their worst case scenario becomes a reality, and that appears to be the case with the Cavaliers interest in Chandler Parsons of the Houston Rockets.
According to Marc Stein of the Houston Rockets, Parsons is the team’s back up plan if they fail to land LeBron James.
That is obviously a big drop off in talent and it would leave the fan base wanting more, but it would be another solid move in the right direction.
It would be great for the Cavaliers to convince LeBron to return home, but if they cannot land him then Parsons would be a nice addition to an already loaded team.
Add Parsons in with Kyrie Irving and Andrew Wiggins, and the Cavaliers have a solid foundation for the future.
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the NBA Free Agency period as we keep you up to date with the latest news, rumors and signings from around the league.