The basketball career of Pau Gasol has taken him from Memphis to Los Angeles and now Chicago, as the All-Star forward has agreed to take his talents to the Windy City and sign a free agent deal with the Chicago Bulls.
More from Chicago Bulls
- NBA Rumors: Warriors, Lakers among contenders for key free agent
- 3 players Bulls can sign with Disabled Player Exception
- NBA free agency: The 3 biggest losers in this offseason so far
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- 5 players Sixers could acquire in Harden deal to stay competitive
After waiting to see what both LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony would do ont he open market and how that would dictate things, Gasol has agreed to sign with the Bulls in a move that doesn’t require a sign-and-trade.
Gasol first tweeted out his announcement in Spanish before translating it in English for the rest of his fans.
And in English for those of us who skipped Spanish class in high school:
The bottom line with Gasol is that he wanted to go to a situation where he would be appreciated and that’s something that the Bulls clearly have already demonstrated is waiting for him in Chicago.
He’s a big defensive body for the Bulls and Tom Thibodeau and while he won’t completely make up for the loss on Carmelo Anthony, he’ll provide some mh needed help for the Bulls.