In keeping with this season’s theme of rappers throwing out ugly first pitches, here is Biz Markie’s effort from O.co Wednesday night.
More from MLB
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- Shohei Ohtani trade rumors live tracker: Every update so far
- MLB Rumors: Yankees mistake, Cardinals trade package, Cubs choice
- Inside the Clubhouse: What I’m hearing ahead of the MLB Trade Deadline
- After frantic trade day, Kiké Hernandez grateful for second chance with Dodgers
No, it’s not as bad as 50 Cent’s first pitch. Nothing will ever be as bad as 50 Cent’s first pitch. 50 Cent’s first pitch will live in infamy as one of the darkest moments in rap and baseball history.
Markie’s pitch isn’t that hideous but it isn’t pretty either. What makes it funnier is how Biz milks it beforehand with all his pitcher business. Like he really knows what he’s doing out there. And then he winds up and…no.
It hasn’t been a great year for rappers throwing out first pitches. There must be a rapper out there somewhere who knows how to deliver a baseball to the plate with a little authority. There must be one rapper who looks like he actually threw a ball at least once before in his life.
If you’re a rapper with some baseball skills, please, step up. Go out there and do it for the whole rap community. Show that not all rappers are inept when it comes to hurling spheroids. Do it for Biggie and Pac.