The MLB Trade Deadline is just around the corner which means that teams such as the Seattle Mariners and others will be looking to wheel and deal their way into contention with big trades.
More from Los Angeles Dodgers
- Shohei Ohtani trade rumors live tracker: Every update so far
- After frantic trade day, Kiké Hernandez grateful for second chance with Dodgers
- This White Sox-Dodgers trade for bullpen help could lead to LA reunion
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers reunite with familiar face in Red Sox deal
- MLB Rumors: Cardinals budging on Arenado, Orioles-Ohtani package, Yankees backup plan
There’s no saying that these trades will indeed happen at all, but they’re not being discussed for for everyone’s health. One of the teams at the heart of some big trade rumors are the Mariners, who may not be able to land David Price but may be able to land someone like Matt Kemp.
According to Jeff Passan, the Mariners interest in Kemp isn’t made up, in fact it’s very real as he deadline approaches.
Kemp isn’t the player he once was and his quick fall off has been a major concern for not only the Dodgers but for teams who may be interested in acquiring him. But the Mariners need hitting to compliment Robinson Cano and adding Kemp as a DH is something that makes a lot of sense if they can make it happen.
There’s then the worry about Kemp staying healthy throughout his stay with the team but it’s a risk that the Mariners might be feeling gutsy enough to take.
Be sure to stay glued to FanSided’s MLB Rumors page to stay up to date with the latest action and rumbling from the baseball hot stove this trade season.