There’s that guy in Washington who has shaped his beard to look like the Nationals logo. And now there’s this kid in Chicago who has spiked his mohawk out to 20 inches and painted a Cubs logo on the side of it.
More from Chicago Cubs
- MLB Rumors: Yankees mistake, Cardinals trade package, Cubs choice
- MLB Rumors: Cardinals budging on Arenado, Orioles-Ohtani package, Yankees backup plan
- Cubs: Cody Bellinger is putting up come-and-get-me numbers
- Cubs front office deserves an apology for Willson Contreras hysteria
- MLB standings ordered by hard hit rate: Struggling Cardinals still cracking bats
Between those two hair-related logo efforts, I’m going with Cubs mohawk kid. That one isn’t even a debate. Nationals beard guy is just weird and creepy. Cubs mohawk kid is cool plus he has the excuse of being a teenager.
Anything to do with long, snarled, filthy facial hair will always come up short. The mohawk is a classic look and if you can get that kind of height out of it, all the better. Hell, if you’re going to spike your mohawk to that altitude, you might as well paint something on it.
You could go punk and paint a swear word on there or you could show loyalty to your favorite last-place baseball team. Cubs mohawk kid isn’t trying to rebel against anything, he’s just trying to show everyone that he roots for a crap baseball club. That’s just wholesome All-American stuff right there.