There are a lot of great players to watch in San Francisco 49ers training camp this summer, but the one player that has maybe had the most eyes on him is running back Marcus Lattimore, who has yet to play a down in the NFL. Now, some are wondering whether or not he will get that opportunity this season after comments made by head coach Jim Harbaugh.
When asked about Lattimore’s progression, Harbaugh did not seem confident at all about Lattimore’s chances of being an effective part of the offense this season. As a matter of fact, his words almost made it seem as if they were thinking about making him an honorary assistant coach or something of that nature.
Two years ago, Lattimore’s college career at South Carolina was cut short by a gruesome knee injury during a game against Tennessee. Despite that, Lattimore opted to skip his senior season to enter the draft, where Harbaugh took a chance on him, and even gave him last year off to heal up.
More from NFL
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Packers training camp news: Jordan Love struggles, Bakhtiari schedule, position switch
- 3 Cowboys who won’t be on the roster after training camp
- Packers: Aaron Rodgers reached out to Jordan Love this offseason
- Damar Hamlin is a ‘full go’ at Bills training camp
The hopes were that with all the time off to rehab, that he would be able to return to the field stronger than ever and get back to as close to his old self as he possibly could.
Now that seems a bit up in the air.