Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Byrant was back in a Lakers uniform Monday for the team’s media day.
More from Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA rumors: Hawks trade candidate, Sixers miss out, Lakers almost lose Reaves
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- NBA Rumors: Lakers nearing another savvy minimum signing
- Lakers projected lineup and rotations heading into 2023-24 season
According to Yahoo Sports’ Marc J. Spears, he expects to play in the preseason opener on Oct. 6 after recovering from a fractured lateral tibial plateau in his left knee two seasons ago.
It will be a comeback year for Byrant, who walks into a situation with a new coach in Byron Scott and a new supporting cast, headlined by the absence of Pau Gasol. Bryant will have a lot of work to do to get the Lakers back to respectibility, but don’t expect him to play a ton of minutes to try to do it. According to ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne, Bryant’s minutes will be limited, but he isn’t too concerned with it.
It’s good news for Lakers fans and for the NBA that Bryant is back. Personally, I missed his indirect rage and fiery playing style. Even if we get that at more “limited” minutes, this will at least make the Lakers watchable again.
How’s this for a season title, “The 2014-15 NBA Season: Black Mamba Returns”?
More on FanSided.com
Washington Wizards’ Marcin Gortat calls himself ‘Sexual White Chocolate’
Oklahoma City Thunder’s Kevin Durant on free agency: ‘I can’t tell you the future’
Nate Robinson wants to stay with Denver Nuggets
Joakim Noah feels better, not cleared to return to Bulls after surgery
Rajon Rondo wants to stay with Boston Celtics