This NFL rookie class in 2014 has been rather outstanding in both the way it was hyped and the way it has come out and already given up some great memories. There isn’t really one player who has flopped yet as even Blake Bortles is getting slack in Jacksonville.
More from NFL
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Packers training camp news: Jordan Love struggles, Bakhtiari schedule, position switch
- 3 Cowboys who won’t be on the roster after training camp
- Packers: Aaron Rodgers reached out to Jordan Love this offseason
- Damar Hamlin is a ‘full go’ at Bills training camp
What the boom in rookie popularity has meant is that jersey sales for the new players have been off the charts. Those numbers are starting to come back down to earth though as rookie jersey sales took a dip last week which may be a sign they are starting to trend down overall.
According to DICK’s Jersey Report, only 5.2 percent of total jersey sales this week came from rookies, which is down from almost 10 percent since the draft. Despite that down tick in sales, the jersey of Johnny Manziel is still in the top 15 of all jersey sales this week.
That’s impressive for the rookie but it’s also representative of how popular this rookie class is. Blake Bortles clocks in at No. 27 in overall sales, as he’s the second rookie to crack the top 30 in sales this past week. The rookie sales seem to be leveling off after booming earlier in the year but it’s looking like mo matter what we will still see strong sales from the newest players in the NFL.
This post was brought to you by DICK’s Sporting Goods.