Phil Jackson doesn’t seem to be a big Spike Lee fan, claiming he “doesn’t know anything about basketball.”
New York Knicks superfan and strange hat aficionado Spike Lee is going to attempt to explain the triangle offense in his upcoming documentary titled, What Is the Triangle Offense? A Spike Lee Orange and Blue Skies Joint.
More from New York Knicks
- Knicks projected lineup and rotations heading into 2023-24 season
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- NBA rumors: What would a Knicks trade for Joel Embiid actually look like?
- NBA rumors: Knicks monitoring Joel Embiid trade availability amid Harden saga
- NBA Rumors: 3 teams that should trade for Joel Embiid
While Spike Lee is doing what he can to educate the Knicks loyal fanbase, Knicks team president Phil Jackson doesn’t seem to think the documentary is must-see.
In fact, he seems to believe Spike Lee is just a big fan who should not be taken seriously when it comes to actual basketball talk.
“Spike is an avid Knicks fan who doesn’t know anything about basketball,” Jackson said, via Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. “It’s not that complicated. It’s not rocket science.”
The comments were made at The New Yorker Festival over the weekend.
Poor Spike Lee. You know that one is going to hurt him.
More from FanSided
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- LA Galaxy vs. Club Leon Leagues Cup match rescheduled for July 26