Steven Stamkos already lighting it up for the Tampa Bay Lightning with phenomenal goals
I’ve always been a huge Steven Stamkos fan for a number of reasons.
More from Montreal Canadiens
- NHL Draft winners and losers 2023: Blackhawks hit jackpot, Maple Leafs flop
- NHL Mock Draft: Connor Bedard No. 1, but who’s next?
- NHL rumors: Calgary in Flames, Kings, Flyers set for big deals, Hall to Chicago
- Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2023 revealed: Welcome to immortality!
- Hockey Hall of Fame Election: Who is eligible and how to watch
First, he’s so very horrendously Canadian, which I feel a kinship to when I drink out of my Canadian National Team coffee mug. He’s also one of those stoic guys who still seems like he’d be super-nice, even though he’s clearly a gazillion times better at hockey than I could ever even dream of being. Plus, he’s killed it on my fantasy team before, which… ya know. Fantasy over all else.
To start off the season, Stamkos has been doing as he does best, and absolutely killing it. That’s a gorgeous goal.
He seems excited to have scored in an almost child-like fashion, which only makes him that much more human. He’s Steven Stamkos, for God’s sake, and he still obviously feels thrilled when he nets a clutch goal like that. That’s so dope, guys.
Plus, his goal put the Lighting up 2-0 against the Montreal Canadiens and as a Boston fan with Toronto roots, nothing makes me happier than seeing the Habs down 2-0. They’ve narrowed the score to 2-1, but I’m confident that Stamkos can sort this out soon enough.
More from FanSided
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- LA Galaxy vs. Club Leon Leagues Cup match rescheduled for July 26